Why do you use soy wax?
Soy wax burns cleaner than regular paraffin wax. It produces very little to no soot, which is a common issue from shop-brought paraffin wax candles. Soy wax also produces no harmful chemicals, and has few emissions. This soy wax is also 100% vegan and biodegradable. Soy wax is known for being better for the environment, better for people with asthma and better for use around pets.
Soy wax was discovered in 1991 as an alternative to paraffin wax. Paraffin wax was discovered in 1850, made from petroleum, a waxy by-product of the crude oil refining process.
Are your products Vegan?
Yes, all my products and packaging are Vegan.
How should I care for my wax melts?
- Use the wax burner on a flat, heat-resistant surface, away from drafts
- Keep away from pets and children
- Do not leave the wax burner unattended
- Remove all packaging and snap off one bar or pop out the wax from the sample pot, using it all or breaking it into smaller pieces
- Place in a wax burner to melt, making sure not to overfill the burners well
- Use with an unscented 4-hour tea light, or electric burner
- Do not touch or move the wax burner when in use
- Follow the instructions on the wax burner
How should I care for my candle?
- Light the candle on a flat, heat-resistant surface, away from drafts
- Keep away from pets and children
- Do not leave the candle unattended
- Do not touch or move the candle when lit, as the tin or glass will get very hot
- When first burning your candle, I recommended burning it for 1-4 hours, depending on the container size, to ensure a good melt pool and a longer burn. This will prevent "tunnelling" which is when the melt pool doesn't reach the edge of the container.
- Before relighting your candle, make sure to trim your wick to approximately 5mm. This is especially important for a wood wick. Make sure to trim of the black sooty end off, this will help maintain a steady flame.
My flame is too small/large, what should I do?
An easy fix for this is to blow out your candle, trim the wick and relight.
If your candle has started to to tunnel, and the wick is drowning in liquid wax, wait for your candle to reharden. You can then scoop out some of the excess wax and put it in the bin.
My candle has reset with a bumpy surface and white patches?
All my products are made from 100% soy wax. Soy wax can cause things such as an uneven surface and cracks. It can also cause "frosting", which is a white pattern on the wax. This is just the nature of soy wax and it doesn't effect the scent or burn of the candle. It also proves that the wax I'm using is 100% pure soy wax.
Can I add a gift message to my order?
Of course! Just add your message in the notes box at checkout and I will put a gift message card in with your order at no extra cost. If your order is going direct to its recipient, let me know and I won't add your order form containing the prices.
Do you ship outside of the UK?
Currently I only ship to the countries inside the UK. I'm not planning to expand this anytime soon as the shipping rates are very expensive, which I don't want to have to put to my customers.
Do you do custom or wholesale orders?
Yes, if you are interested in something particular then do get in touch and I'll see what I can do. I have previously completed a very large bulk order of 1000 Jar Candles for the NHS Junior Doctors during the pandemic. I have also created custom labels for some wax melts and made some jars in a new scent.
I loved doing this and would be happy to create something for you. Get in touch to discuss getting a custom order or buying wholesale.
If you have any other questions please get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out the form on the contact us page. I would love to hear from you.